There is nothing better than a chewy chocolate treat. Yes, there is… A NO-BAKE chewy chocolate treat!
Now in the past I’ve shown my love for bite-sized snacks and desserts, but this recipe takes the experience to another level. This recipe only takes a few natural ingredients, yet taste so incredibly delicious. All you really need is nuts, dates, and some dark chocolate. Seriously, that’s it! The dates, however, are truly the winner in this treat.
And you don’t have to feel limited to just what I’ve put in them, another great thing about this recipe is that so many different things you can add to make these bites. The combination possibilities are practically endless. Sweet, chewy and coated in decadent dark chocolate, these make a great dessert for any occasion. So let’s get started, I’m hungry just writing about it!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of water
- 4 oz. dark chocolate chips
- Place cashews, dates, honey and a splash of water into a food processor, blend until mixture sticks together when touched. (If necessary, add a few more splashes of water to get the proper consistency, as everyone's results are different). Empty the mixture into a bowl.
- Take your mixture and form it into one-inch balls. Place balls onto a lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
- Melt your dark chocolate chips.
- Evenly coat all of the balls with the melted chocolate.
- Place balls back onto the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm